It’s a cliché to say “Ideas rule the world”. Getting new ideas can be a very difficult task to achieve regardless of whether you are busy or less busy, it has absolutely nothing to do with that. New ideas are most times stumbled on by great minds who have thought to and fro through the depths to knowledge. In my quest for truth and knowledge about this ever elusive topic, I have sought out 10 easy ways to get new ideas. Despite the fact that easy sounds EASY, bear it in mind that you might have to read each line slowly and very carefully because you might hit the idea of a lifetime while reading this. Read on…
1. Solve an existing problem for people. There are
thousands of problems in the world. Create a product
that can provide a solution to one of those problems.
2. Find out what’s the current hot trend. You can find
out what the new trends are by watching T.V, reading
magazines and surfing the net. Just create a product
that’s related to the current hot trend.
3. Improve a product that is already on the market.
You see products at home, in ads, at stores etc. Just
take a product that’s already out there and improve it.
4. Create a new niche for a current product. You can
set yourself apart from your competition by creating a
niche. Your product could be faster, bigger, smaller,
or quicker than you competitor’s product.
5. Add on to an existing product. You could package
your current product with other related products. For
example, you could package a football with a team
jersey and football cards.
6. Reincarnate an older product. Maybe you have a
book that’s out of print and is no longer being sold.
You could change the title, design a new front cover,
and bring some of the old content up to date.
7. Ask your current customers. You could contact
some of your existing customers by phone or e-mail
and ask them what kind of new products they would
like to see on the market.
8. Combine two or more products together to create
a new one. For example, you could take a brief case
and add a thermos compartment inside to keep a
drink hot or cold.
9. Survey the people who visit your web site. You
could post a survey or questionnaire on your web site.
Ask visitors what kind of products they would like to
see on the market.
10. You could create a new market for your existing
product. For example, if you’re selling plastic bottles
to a pop company, you could turn around and sell
those bottles to a fruit drink company.
Hope you enjoyed it…