You may be unhappy with your get paid to write articles because they aren’t earning the money that you want. After awhile you can start getting discouraged & feeling like you are in rut. You will have a greater chance of success if you write for several different companies & produce a lot of quality content. To do this, you need to really like writing. Here is how to fall in love with writing, even article writing.
- Look at the history of writing. Many of the classical writers died penniless. Others wrote fantastic things but never had the means of getting their words out to thousands or millions of people, the way the internet affords us. It is a tough, aggravating, & unpredictable profession but it is better than so many other jobs.
- Write what you love. If you are writing for residual income, you may be basing your articles on keywords. If you are writing for a company, they probably give you the title & the topic. Either way, you can feel burnt out. Writing may feel more & more like a job. Keep a diary or personal blog that you don’t monetize in any way. This will keep your words fresh & you’ll be able to voice your opinion without the added pressure of having to pay bills with it.
- Before you start writing take a few seconds to close your eyes. Envision what you are about to write in your mind & make it as colorful & as imaginative as possible.
- Fall in love with words. You probably wanted to be a writer because you read something you loved. Stop writing long enough to read. Draw inspiration from other article writers. Pick up your favorite book or just play around with the poetry magnets on your fridge. Remember why you wanted to write in the first place.
- Learn from your mistakes. Carefully go through your writing & notice what adjectives you use a lot. There are probably a few that you use over & over such as great. Edit out these words to change things up.
- Expand your vocabulary. Get a thesaurus out & spice up your writing with new synonyms that make you smile.
- Take a break. You are probably working at your own pace & want/need to write as much as possible. Try switching up your work station by taking your laptop to a cafe or working outside.